Friday, October 10, 2008

Dow drops and frankly I DON"T CARE!



I got up early to hear the news at 5:30 a.m. predicting the Dow would fall 300 points upon opening today. They had financial analyst all over the place. Should we sell? Should we buy? Gold? Silver? How do we invest for the future? Are we headed to another depression? Who will bail us out? Obama? McCain? Should the government try and throw more money at it to try to disguise the problem? These were just a small sampling of the whirlwind of questions being shot around.

Does this scare you? Should it scare you? NOT ME! Maybe it is because I don't have a single dime invested into the markets? I am so sick and tired of hearing about the people who have invested thousands in the market only to lose big. I am equally disgusted with the people who refuse to get a job because they can't find anything that fulfills them. Or I have too much going on to get a full time job. I don't like my job. Quit your whining, make the best out of it. We, as americans have become a bunch of spoiled rotten, whining, babies. Easy for me to say right? I have a job, house, two kids, and only been married once! Well you know why I have those things and I am satisfied. It is easy. I have realized I am not in charge. Everything I have and am is dependent on my relationship with Christ. We still struggle but we don't stress. We worry but we do not let it consume us. I am at a job I absolutely hate, haven't got a raise in 5 years, when 10 weeks without a paycheck. I feel your pain. BUT I do not conform to your I deserve better than this attitude.

We have this idea, a perverted one at that, telling us we deserve to be taken care of. We whine when we get off schedule and eat lunch and hour late. We are envious of the new house that has more square footage than ours. We are not satisfied with a car we desire a Lexus. Not you? Look in your closet (mine too) several outfits? How about the shoes you are wearing, only pair? Just maybe they are, Praise GOD for them. That is one more pair than many third world kids have. We sit and watch the market fall and commiserate with people losing thousands as a mother holds her starving baby in her hands waiting for them to take their last breathe.















I am daily trying to understand what these verses look like when they are lived out...

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.







We are also reminded that God takes care of the Sparrows so how much more does he care for us. No matter how bad the economy gets, no matter how financially strapped we are God is Good! If we focus on the kingdom the things of this earth seem to matter a little less!