Monday, January 18, 2010

Been a while...

Hadn't realized it had been so long since I have been on here. My life has changed dramatically over the past couple of months once again. The company I work for has lost its major account which has trickled down to my family as a tremendous pay cut. My initial response was one of panic. My wife then slapped me (figuratively) and asked me who I was trusting to meet our needs? My employer or my Savior? It is real easy to answer until you are the one trying to figure out how 2+2 can equal 5. It can't with my employer paying me but with God he uses a different set of math rules. Trusting him to meet our needs and learning to cut where cuts can be made 2+2=5!

I have also found out you can really graduate from BCF Orlando extension. The end is near! I start school on Thursday and I am so excited for my classes this semester. Great classes and 3 professors I dearly love and respect. Knowing that I am already aware that I will be putting forth extra effort in those classes but still can't wait.

This last week we have all seen the pictures and video's of the earthquake in Haiti. My heart breaks for the people struggling to survive. I long to be there and pray that if the Lord calls me in that direction I am ready but until then I pray for the people. I encourage anybody that reads this to be aware of the condition people around the world live in and do what you can. You may think that there is not much you as an individual can do but when we all do together great things are done. There are these same stories of desperate people trying to survive in our own backyards. In our children's lessons yesterday I had a young girl express that she was afraid of Haitians moving into central Florida. She had been told that they would cause the crime rate to explode. My question is how much will the Haitian people be exploited in central Florida. How many will only find a job paying minimum wage, if they find a job, working much harder and longer than their supervisor's making 6 figures? How many will be shunned from our Sunday gatherings because they do not fit our image? How many will never hear the story of Jesus because they don't fit into our socio-economic groups? How many of us will even notice they our here as we live a life of isolation from anything that disturbs us? We hear the teachings of Jesus and wonder how they can fit into our lives instead of wondering how we can fit into His teachings!

Just a few quick thoughts on MLK day.