Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life is Good! God is so good!


I walk thru life thinking I have finally figured it out and then God smacks me in the face only to realize how little I have figured out. This is a good thing though. It is these slaps in the face that mature me, challenge me, and encourage me. I thank God for these moments. They push me to be more disciplined and to strive to have my heartbeat as one with my Lord. I sometimes wonder how many times I have ignored the guiding hand of the Father and how much further along I could be.

I know content is a dangerous place to be, but I am content. I am not content with my walk, but with my life. I am in a church who may not understand my way of thinking (sometimes I don't understand it), but the body has come around me and lifted me up and encouraged me tremendously. It is so nice they accept my leadership and understand I am being guided by the Holy Spirit - not a man. In return I want to encourage them to take their faith out of the four walls of the church.

I am encouraged by a professor that has started a new church. I see him renewed and alive. I pray the Lord blesses his efforts and brings people around him to lift him up and stand in the gap for him. Part of me longs to be there with him as he transforms the community and gives proper meaning to "church". However, for now I will wait.

My family sacrafices for me to work two jobs and go to school. They seem to enjoy the complicated lifestyle this has caused. Life and God are amazing!