Friday, May 16, 2008

What an AWESOME day!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been so busy lately I couldn't come up for air. Between church, school, and family I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Well everything got better today. I still have all the same commitments but was rewarded greatly today for all the hard work I have been putting in.

I don't like to brag but I am going to for a minute. School is tough for me to juggle. Since my family sacrifices to put me through school I have tried to maintain a high GPA but found that very unfulfilling. I was just memorizing junk and regurgitating it for test. Easy A's but what was the point if I was not bettering myself through what was being taught. I still try to maintain the high average (and have been able to maintain it)but decided to focus on learning and not memorising. Today I got the results for two of my exams. I freaking got a 100 on the one I thought was the toughest. This was an all essay exam so I didn't just memorize and spit it back out! This semester I also received a 99 on a paper about church conflict. Some may say no big deal but I pride myself on understanding the subject and being able to apply portions of it to everyday life.

So now that I have tooted my own horn let me toot my wife's. For the first time in her teaching career someone has appreciated her hard work and willingness to go above and beyond. How nice that is after seeing people abuse her good nature and tear her down. It is a nice change to see her appreciated instead of abused. It is amazing how things work out when you consistently surrender to God. You stand up for what is right no matter who is wrong and sometimes God allows you to see justice here on earth. Good job baby!