Monday, July 28, 2008

Ouch!!!!!

Well I haven't been skating for quite some time. I went for the first time in what seems like an eternity on Saturday night. It is sort of like riding a bike. Once you learn you won't forget. The only part is that doesn't guarantee you won't fall. You guessed it. I busted my rear. Actually I was trying to show off. Yes me, show off and do something stupid. I decided to use my body to slow down Mr. I Own My Own Blades and Mr. I Have My Own Personal Locker. I never took into consideration these two over zealous show offs could hurdle a body thrown in front of them that was suppose to act like a human speed bump. I went down and he went over. It was fun at the time but now I have a bruise on my knee and a hole in my ego.





It was a great night. I met some great people. (Anastasia was by far the coolest). I got to know some of the girls better.(Faith & Marae) Watched Corley keep Corinna out of trouble. (not really) The best guys in the world. Joe and Tyler are the fearless duo. They are always there to lend a hand. Jimmy kept me updated on the race (except the last 8 laps). Brian is gonna teach me how to bowl. Mike was out there getting numbers from older guys. Steven rolled around there showing us he could be a good friend. Morgan drug her mom around the rink and always had a smile. Connor made sure someone requested some decent music. Then we had the cheer squad made up of the adults that would rather laugh at everyone falling then fall themselves.

It was a great night and I hope everyone had a blast and I can't wait until we do it again.