Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a week!




This week the youth/children's pastor at the church where I am the college and young adult pastor resigned. I have been helping with these two groups since my first day (and was the VBS director) so I volunteered to fill in. Since then I was told I would be more than filling in. I would also now lead these two areas. I am so fortunate.




If you know me at all you know in the last couple years I have really seen the need for serving/loving others. Well I wasted no time. The first thing we did was to wash our churches bus. I know this isn't the same as feeding the starving children of a third world country but it is still service. 14 of the best kids in the world showed up to clean our bus. This is amazing since I never told them what they were doing. I told them to bring a dirty rag and plan on getting wet. Of course, we couldn't just wash the bus. We had a slip-n-slide as well as a messy relay race.



This was a great evening. I look forward to many more outings with these guys. God is going to change the look of our youth group in big ways.