Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bittersweet Memories

VBS is finally over! This is a bittersweet time for me. I was exhausted from the countless hours that have been put in, but I am going to miss the time with the children. I have nightmares of Jeff Slaughter leading worship at my church, but miss seeing the kids enjoying worship. I am tired of wearing tacky shirts, but enjoyed the shorts and flip-flops. Won't miss the six foot tall pineapple staring at me, but the atmosphere and the excitement cannot be manufactured. So, yes, I am enjoying the breath of fresh air, but miss the refreshing sound of kids praising God.

What a job God did with VBS! I cannot take any of the credit. I had no idea what I was doing or even what I would say to the kids some nights until it was coming out. I was fortunate to have the most awesome helpers ever. Not too many, not too few. God gave us every piece to the puzzle and they fit together to paint the most beautiful picture. Kids made decisions, parents were reminded of our responsibilities and workers grew through their own studies.