Saturday, June 21, 2008

VBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured once I was done with school I would be on here a lot more. I was gravely mistaken. This summer has been ridiculously busy. From falling off ladders to running a VBS (never having worked one before) I have had no time to breathe much less compose anything worth reading.

The first night is over and we may not have set any attendance records but we had two families who were new to the area. With the lack of advertising we did I am pleased with the turnout. There is something so refreshing seeing innocent children worship. They know nothing of the politics of the church (nor do they care). They aren't concerned about the version of Bible read to them or what denomination they are. They want to worship God for who He is not because of who they are or who is watching. They truly want there friends to enjoy this with them and will invite whomever to experience Christ with them. Then unfortunately some of them will grow content and remain in the same church never to share Christ with a soul.