Thursday, June 26, 2008

Enjoy life's Garbage!


I have been having to deal with things that have cost me a lot of sleep and headaches. These have been some of the biggest decisions in my life so far. They have not been easy. They have been quite painful. Sometimes doing the right thing can be very costly. Sometimes monetarily, sometimes emotionally, sometimes both. Sometimes life's garbage affect a lot of people differently.

I was doing some studying of the book of James and God taught me something HUGE. We have all heard we grow through the tough times. We all have seen this within our own lives. But in verse two it says to consider it joy when this garbage is dumped in our lives. Webster defines joy as: the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires. So we are supposed to delight in lifes trials. WOW!!!

Stepping back and looking at this from a new perspective I can thank God for the oppurtunity to go through this. To be able to have the opportunity to help someone if they are willing to reach out. To draw close to God and pray. To have been given the chance to be in this experience that will have a positive outcome in His timing. To surround myself with Godly people to encourage me. I still can't say I will be able to embrace trials when they arrive, but I will try to meet them with a knowledge that God is using them to His glory.

When life gives you lemons dont just make lemonade. Enjoy the sweet smell of fresh juice as you squeeze the lemon. Allow yourself to enjoy the moment!