Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And the winner is............



You probably expected to see a picture of Obama here or another person ranting and raving about how the United States has damned itself to hell. Sorry to disappoint you. And no I didn't vote for Obama. This election was really hard for me to get excited about. I had issues with both candidates and even more issues with how so many "Christians" viewed God as endorsing either one of the candidates. I have been struggling trying to look at the Bible through a pure heart that doesn't bring any preconceived notions with it. One of the things that I have found intriguing is how God seems to work with governments that are less than desirable. Some of the greatest events in history took place while His people are in bondage. I am not saying we are the new chosen ones but what I am saying is I believe in the sovereignty of God. Not just in the good times but the bad times too. Is God limited by who we vote or don't vote into power? I think not.

It saddens me to see how excited and hateful we Christians got during this political season. We serve a risen King and should barely be able to contain our excitement to worship this King but instead we settle for singing a few songs and hearing a message. We should be both excited and humbled by this thought. Scripture tells us that the world will know us by our love for each other. Well what does the world know about us now. The internet is so full of Christians insulting each other because of which side of the fence we have camped on. Where is the love?

As i said before I have been really trying to connect in a way that I haven't been able to before because of all the baggage I had brought to the table with me. I have realized I serve one God, one King, one president if you will, and have no room to serve any other. Some may call this lunacy but I call it LOVE. Love for the risen Savior. I may not agree with everything the President does or thinks but I want to encourage you to pray for him. Pray for him as a human being who has an incredible amount of responsibility on his shoulders. Pray for him because he too is created in God's image, rather we agree with him or not.