Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Eve!


I sit here on the eve of the Presidential election and find myself being a skeptic. I see people saying they are praying for the election to go the "right" way. I have noticed on facebook numerous people expressing their concern over the election by dedicating their status to the candidate of their choice. I sit here and wonder if maybe we have missed the point. I understand the importance of voting. Blah blah blah! I just think that maybe we should be concerned about our leader more than once every four years. Maybe we should pray for them on a regular basis. Not because he is President but because he is a man created in God's own image. I have heard all sorts of people saying I don't understand how important this election is, and this could be the most important election I might ever be involved in. I have heard people from both sides trying to convince me who to vote for. I love how Christians try to use issues saying this man is God's man. (As if He needs a man to do His will) One side tells me how Obama is worried about social justice so he has to be endorsed by God. The other side tells me McCain is the way to vote because he is antiabortion! I have so many other issues with both of these candidates and I haven't seen ANY evidence of God endorsing either party. I have even been told that if the wrong man is in the White House we could one day lose our right to worship?!? I do understand both sides of the argument but my views on worship have absolutely no connection to any form of government. I am thankful to live in a free country and appreciate each and every drop of blood that was shed to allow me to write openly and freely like this, however those drops of blood did not do near as much for mankind as one man's blood 2000 years ago.

So I encourage you to dedicate your loyalty to the one that matters. The one who four years from now will still be in charge. Go ahead and vote but remember our focus is not on man. No one can take away your ability to worship or serve God. Look throughout history. When Christianity is not easy it seems to rise to the occasion. If you feel the need to dedicate your status I encourage you to dedicate it to the King of Kings!