Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dreams


I love to daydream. I never had much of an imagination as a kid. Had more fun blowing up my G.I. Joes than pretending to save the world. Found it awkward playing cops and robbers. Never pretended to be the king of a far away land. That was then this is now.

I find myself constantly dreaming. I mow the yard and all the while I am working come up with plans for a non-profit that will provide shoes for the homeless. I dream of turning the world I am apart of inside out. I dream of writing a book. I dream of buying run down houses and fixing up helping struggling families get on their feet. I dream of a day when we see value in taking care of our neighbor. These are my dreams everyday.

The dreams I have at night aren't so fairy tale-ish. At night reality creeps in and chokes out what I want my reality to become. My thoughts are filled with images of the world we live in. The reality of the battle we are in sets in. I wake up and lay in fear. The images fail to escape me.As I sleep I don't envision heaven on earth but it is a hell in my head. The battle rages. I awaken in fear and the battle continues. I try to wipe the thought from my memory but I can't. I try to play the hero in my dreams but I fail. I know as I close my eyes the turmoil begins. Forces wrestle for my thought. I fight off sleep until the point of exhaustion. Reality sets in and the battle isn't against flesh and blood but rather a spiritual beings fighting to distract me from the dreams that are the desires of heart. God help me!

As I lay my head down I once again dream of heaven on earth. An upside down earth where everyone has shoes, a home and a book. The nightmares may come but that is not my dream or the reality to come. The reality is I may do some of those things, may not. But I can't be robbed of my dreams in this war.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone