Monday, March 22, 2010

Intoxicated

As I sit at my favorite table in my favorite coffee shop it is as if God cleared the room just for me. I appreciate that and needed it. I love coming hear to hear stories and make new friends but today it is empty. Completely empty. There have been a couple of to go orders but nothing like usual. Pretty sure it is God's subtle way of saying that I needed this break. I started doing some work but my mind just kept wandering away. I have several messages that need my time but nothing is coming from my efforts.

I sit here and detox. I have been stressed and confused lately. I have wanted some time to just escape but there were deadlines to meet, people to connect with, birthdays to celebrate, life to live. Until now...

I have told others in my life to go relax and breathe God in all while gasping for breath but today is my day. My time is short here today but rich with purpose. Having only 4 hours of sleep and feeling well rested is a blessing. I sip on my Mocha el Grande and breath in breathe from heaven. My focus has been restored. Not thinking about politics or procedures but focused on purpose and things that matter eternally. Having felt loved and able to love is intoxicating.

The emptiness now begins to be uncomfortable because I feel the need to share...the need to love...the need to fulfill my purpose. Having received encouragement it overflows from the depths of my soul searching for ways to be expressed.

Thankful for coffee, quiet, and the world being put on pause for a minute just for me!