Sunday, August 3, 2008

I hate History!

My wife is a teacher and I actually love history in that sense. I love seeing how we can learn about where we came from. I like learning about ancient civilizations. That is not what I am referring to.

Why do we feel the need to live in the past when it relates to our churches or our spiritual lives. Most the time when someone is ranting and raving about this they are referring to an addict and his/her inability to let the addiction go. I am referring to people who feel the need to hang on to the glory days. This is how we have done it in the past, or I remember when. Let it GO and move forward. If we have already reached our pinnacle then lets shut the doors! Why do we even try if we feel the best is behind us? Love where we have been but love where we are going. Paul fought this same battle asking the early church why they would want to go back to the old way.

There is a saying that some things never change. Maybe that is because we get in the way of change!