Sunday, September 14, 2008

Disturbed!

The longer I am in church work the more I understand two things. I see why the average time for a pastor to stay at a church is less than two years. The second is I now see why our churches are not growing. In the short 9 months I have been in my current position has been some of the most exhausting time of my life. It is amazing how much you come under attack from Satan. Just when you think you can come up for a breather the attacks start again in full fury.

So many pastors can't stay at a church for more than two years because of their need to protect their families. The attacks that pastors and staff have to endure take their toll. From taking time from the family to the family actually having to weather the attacks it can become too much to bare sometimes.