Sunday, September 14, 2008

You know who you are!



You're sorry
You said it yourself and we believe you
(no we really do!)
Now no one is going to save you now!
Backstabber! Backstabber!
When you're in disguise

You're laughing
Cause they laugh at you
Then you scream out to all the empty pews
And No one is going to save you now!

Backstabber! Backstabber!
When you're in disguise

Now go and pray to your God inside!
Cause if you never knew, little boy it's you.
You can't use me! You won't use me!

Backstabber! Backstabber!
When you're in disguise

Lyrics to Backstabber by Jonezetta




You know who you are! It tears you a part to see someone else succeed as you fall flat on your face. You hate the fact that it comes so naturally. You try to become something you are not just to try to fit in. You preach with hollow words. You try to connect but find yourself all alone. You try so hard to become something they will like, but do you even like yourself. You look me in the face and wish me luck only to shove the knife in my back as I turn around. You aren't happy leaving well enough alone. You are on a mission to TRY and seek and destroy. You see me as a threat to your own future.

Well as you lay flat on your face look up and watch me as I continue to move forward. I move effortlessly unaffected by your attempts. I continue to be true to myself, something you don't understand. I teach without words. I am connected with love. I am accepted for who I am not when I pretend. I pull the knife out and hand it back. You are your own demise. I am on a mission to seek and feed. You were the controller of your own future.


You see you were so worried about what I was doing you lost sight of your own life. As you spend time in the car may these words ring over and over. Learn from your own mistakes. You were more worried about the dust in my eye and were blinded by the tree in yours. Realize who the enemy is and whose team you are on. Their is no room for lone rangers in this business.