Saturday, September 6, 2008

Free Gift!


This was just too funny not to write about. I was doing homework and the doorbell rang. We were not expecting company so we knew it had to be door to door salesman. The Mormon's seem to jump over our house every time.(Maybe that is due in part to me sharing my faith with them last time they knocked?) So my wife and I played rock, paper, scissors to see who would answer the door. I picked paper, she had scissors so you know what that means. I lost. I went to answer the doors and was greeted by two overly perky, sweaty, salespeople. I say people because it was a man and woman and they both looked like they had been doing this for most of the day. They introduced themselves and told me they were from the brand new vacuum cleaner store. They handed me a free air freshener. Sweet. I told them I didn't need a vacuum cleaner. I resisted the urge to tell them the one we had sucks. Once realizing that I was not a potential customer they asked for their $.97 air freshener and off they went leaving me empty handed at the door.

Moral of the story...There is only one free gift in life!